Stars Launch Day 2017/18
Open Training Session
Head Coach Kenny Redmond will take to the ice with the players for a 2o minute training session. A great chance for Stars fans to get a glimpse of what is usually a ‘behind closed doors’ activity.
30 Stars of years gone by will take to the ice for a special one-off Legends game. The full list of players taking part is:
Andy McGurk, Dan Prachar, Darren Elliott, Darryl Morvan, Daryl Williams, Dave Carr, Dave Jones, David Dunne, David Wallington, James Clarke, James Schall, John Tague, Kevin Dunne, Kevin McGurk, Mark Lewis, Marlon Williams, Martin Jennaway, Michael Smith, Patrick Durcan, Peter Clarke, Rob Blakemore, Robbie Morris, Scott Gough, Steven Dunne, Trevor Joseph.
The Stars first team will be back on the ice for a 3o minute skills session. Split into 2 teams, Coach Redmond will put the players through their paces in a variety of challenges such as high-speed skating and penalty shots.
Skate with the Stars
The evening will end with a free of charge open skating session for one and all, with the Stars first team, as well as the Recreational, Women’s and Junior teams all taking to the ice to interact with fans.
Note: free tickets for this session need to be picked up from the ice rink reception between 4pm and 5pm on the day of the event.
While all of this is going on, there will be plenty to keep you amused off-ice too:
- There’ll be a chance to have your photo taken with your favourite Stars players.
- The café will be open serving the usual food and drinks.
- Oxford’s Recreational, Women’s and Junior ice hockey players will be present promoting their teams.
- The Stars merchandise table will be in full swing.
- Keeping things together will be Selfy, the voice of Stars TV, on the microphone all evening as events unfold.